If there is one thing music teachers know, it is that their classrooms can easily be filled with intense students and intense feelings. Here is a compilation of 35 funny music puns from the internet to help bring some levity to the situation.
Hungry Musical Puns
Music may be life for some singers and musicians, but no one can survive for long without food. These music jokes are especially fun to use right around meal-times.
- What’s an avocado’s favorite music? Guac ‘n’ roll. (60 Music Puns that are Completely Hilarious – ThoughtCatalog.com)
- What type of music does cheese listen to? R & Brie (Pinterest)
- What was Beethoven’s favorite fruit? BA-NA-NA-NAAAAAA. (Reader’s Digest – Music Puns)
- What’s the difference between a musician and a large pizza? A pizza can feed a family of four. (27 totally cringe-worthy music jokes that you need in your life right now – Classic FM)
- We will, we will wok you. (allaccessdietics – Instagram)
Need to prove your musical and comical chops to your students at the same time? Start here and never look back.
- Last night I was visited by the ghost of Gloria Gaynor. At first, I was afraid; I was petrified. (Pinterest)
- My girlfriend left me because of my obsession with Linkin Park. But in the end, it doesn’t even matter. (60 Music Puns that are Completely Hilarious – ThoughtCatalog.com)
- When I find myself in times of trouble Julie Andrews comes to me, speaking words of wisdom, do re mi. (Pinterest)
- You lost your phone and it’s on silent? Too bad. If you liked it then you shoulda put a ring on it. (24 Hilarious Puns Can’t Stop Laughing – disappointmentquotes.com)
Do your students think their favorite singers (or singers in general) are off-limits when it comes to you cracking puns? Slip one of these in when discussions turn to popular music.
- What did Jay-Z call his wife before they were married? Feyoncé (35 Cheesy Music Jokes Your Students Will Love – WeAreTeachers.com)
- What do you call a gingerbread man with one leg bitten off? Limp Bizkit. (LaffGaff.com Music Jokes & Puns)
- I don’t always panic but when I do, it’s at the disco. (Pinterest)
- How do you know if a soprano is at your door? Because they can’t find the key and they don’t know when to come in. (reddit)
(Cringey) Band Jokes to Make Note Of
For the days when your lesson plans include specific notes and beats. If these band puns help your class understand the concepts and gives them a good laugh, all the better.
- Middle C, E-flat, and G walk into a bar. “Sorry,” the bartender says to the E-flat, “we don’t serve minors here.” (35 Cheesy Music Jokes Your Students Will Love – WeAreTeachers.com)
- I’m a fermata. Hold me. (Pinterest)
- Why was the musician arrested? Because she got in treble! (35 Cheesy Music Jokes Your Students Will Love – WeAreTeachers.com)
- I hate the key of e minor. It gives me the e-b-g-bs. (Memes – Teshil.com)
- Wanna hear a joke about a staccato? Never mind, it’s too short. How about a fermata joke? Never mind, it’s too long. (Jennifer_Piano_Studio – Instagram)
- I’m so sick of people thinking they can just waltz into my room when I’m listening to music in 4/4. (Cheezburger.com)
- It’s no mystery you feel a song coming on… you have a staff infection. (@playinglesshurt – Twitter)
Music Puns with Instruments
Sometimes the instruments are begging for it. These may be best saved for days when your students are particularly frustrated with an instrument and need the laugh to calm them down.
- What do you get when you throw a piano down a mine shaft? A Flat Minor. (What Do You Get When You Drop an Apple? – The Big Apple)
- What do you get when you drop a piano on an army base? A Flat Major. (What Do You Get When You Drop an Apple? – The Big Apple)
- How are trumpets like pirates? They both murder on the high Cs. (12 Cringeworthy Music Puns – MusicNotes Now)
- How do you fix a broken brass musical instrument? With a tuba glue. (LaffGaff.com Music Jokes & Puns)
- A musician told me he was going to hit me with the neck of his guitar. I replied, “Is that a fret?” (60 Music Puns that are Completely Hilarious – ThoughtCatalog.com)
- What does a Steinway? About 800 lbs. (Piano Jokes – TakeLessons.com)
Music Puns for the Composers
Classical composers are no more immune to punny content than modern-day musicians, it would seem. Reserve these for the days when you are discussing Handel, Mozart, or Liszt in the classroom.
- Why didn’t Handel go shopping? Because he was Baroque. (Reader’s Digest – Music Puns)
- What is Mozart doing right now? Decomposing. (Imgur)
- I might be able to Handel this better if I made a Liszt or something. (Pinterest)
Other Music Jokes and Puns
Maybe your students are Star Wars™ fans. Maybe they love mummies, animals, or cringe-worthy music puns. Any way you look at it, you are bound to find a pun or two in this group that will work for them.
- Uke, I am your father. (12 Cringeworthy Music Puns – MusicNotes Now)
- What kind of music do mummies listen to? Wrap. (Memes – Teshil.com)
- How much does a tenor weigh? I dunno, maybe ten or so pounds. (reddit)
- What is it called, when backwards you sing? A: Yoda-ling (Pungents)
- What do you call a pod of musical whales? An orca-stra. (Pinterest)
- Being a soprano is a great opera tunity. (Pungents)
Did your favorite music pun make the cut? We know we missed a few (like jazz puns).