Are you wanting to use French comprehensible input in your classes, but:
You are required to use a district textbook?
You need a little bit of structure as you get your feet wet with comprehensible input?
You are required to give a district final, but want to use CI to teach your classes?
If so, this comprehensible input unit for French is for you!
This unit is the perfect complement to a district curriculum or textbook - it covers some of the typical vocabulary and grammar taught in the first semester of French 1, but with a more communicative approach. Work through the unit with circling and repetition and at the end of each unit, your students will be amazed at how much they can do with the language!
A complete unit that can be used in the first year of French. It builds on the vocabulary from the Bonjour, J'aime and le Lycée units. Includes lesson plans for 10 days, talking about things to do when you go out - sporting events, movies, and eating at a restaurant or a café.
This unit includes the following materials:
• Lesson plan guide for each day
• PowerPoint with lesson for each day
Printable word wall with vocabulary for unit
• Student dictionary handout page
• Handouts to practice writing and reading about what you like to eat
• Handout to practice using the je/tu/il/elle/on forms of prendre
• Handout for students to talk to each other about sports and teams
• Handout for students to read about movie genres
• Handout to practice making invitations via text message
• Unit story using vocabulary from this unit
• Cloze activities to accompany story - one with and one without word bank
• Running dictation game to accompany short story
• Handout for short story retell/rewrite
• Animated video of short story
• Short assessments for unit: reading, listening, presentation speaking, interpersonal communication and presentational writing
Unfair game in English and French to check comprehension of unit story
Links to Quizlet/Blooket/Gimkit vocabulary practice sets
Click HERE to join my mailing list and get a free article about adapting a textbook to CI!
Use the unit on its own or as a follow-up to the Bonjour, J'aime and Le Lycée units.
Units 1-8 are available for level 1 and units 1-6 for level 2. Each unit builds on the previous units' vocabulary. A list of the vocabulary for each unit is available here: http://bit.ly/2Sg3tLK
Are you wanting to use French comprehensible input in your classes, but: You are required to use a... read more