THE 7 HABITS OF HIGHLY EFFECTIVE TEENS 14 WEEK UNIT, INCLUDING ALL DAILY LESSON PLANS ALIGNED WITH ELA CCS GRADES 9-12
THIS UNIT IS ADAPTABLE TO ONLINE LEARNING. YOU WILL BE GUIDED TO A 100 PAGE GOOGLE DOC WITH STUDENT RESOURCES WHICH CAN EASILY BE SHARED WITH THEM.
NO PLANNING FOR 3 1/2 MONTHS for less than 50 cents per day!
14 WEEK UNIT PLAN + 70 DAILY LESSON PLANS: Addresses and Includes Common Core Standards in Reading, Writing, Speaking & Listening in Grades 9-12
If you're a ChangeMaker and a teacher who cares about your students' hearts, souls, and futures as much as you do their grades, this curriculum is for you.
If you're tired of spending your weekends and weeknights writing lesson plans, you'll be in heaven for the next three months. I've included detailed daily lesson plans aligned with Common Core Standards for grades 9-12.
Regardless of the demographic you're teaching, your students will love this unit, too!
After working with at-risk youth for 14 years, I recognized sadness, lack of vision, and lack of purpose as an absolute epidemic. I wanted to inspire, empower, and educate my kids, and these resources were created to give them the tools they needed to create new realities and brighter opportunities. Most kids don't realize--because most adults don't realize--that despite their pasts or present circumstances, they can literally rewire their brains and reshape their paradigms for happiness and success, whatever that looks like to them.
Regardless of the demographic you're teaching, your students will love these resources!
This bundle will save you countless hours of planning and provide you with at least 14 weeks of material for a 70-90 minute class period.
This unit has been a labor of love in the making for several years as I have edited, revised, and designed it to be a resource I am proud to share with you. I've done all the reading, writing, and research for you and have watched countless videos to find the gems that perfectly align with each chapter of Sean Covey's The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens.
In addition to serving as a non-fiction anchor text for middle and high school Language Arts, this unit can also be used with any Life Skills curriculum for Career & Tech Ed classes focused on teaching social-emotional skills in society and the workplace.
WHAT YOU'LL RECEIVE IN THIS 300 + BUNDLE:
(table of contents included with hyperlinks to resources within the bundle)
* IN ADDITION TO WELL-CRAFTED COMPREHENSION QUESTIONS/JOURNAL PROMPTS FOR EACH CHAPTER, YOU'LL RECEIVE:
* 14 WEEK UNIT PLAN
* ALL 70 DAILY LESSON PLANS with Common Core Standards grades 9-12 related
to each day's activities
* VIDEO LIST (Ted Talks, etc): 33 suggested short videos (including links and summaries) to complement each chapter in Covey’s book. I typically front-load each chapter with a video and then show them intermittently as they are reading through each section. The videos help with comprehension by reinforcing the concepts within the book, and they help to keep students interested and engaged with the text.
* Pre and post assessment on core concepts addressed in The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens
* 7 Habits anticipation guide/activity
* 60 DOL paragraphs ("daily oral language": grammar and punctuation exercises) that align with Covey's 7 Habits (includes highlighted teacher key)
* Handout: "What the Heck is a Clause?" includes definitions & color-coded examples of ICs and DCs
* Reflective essay prompt
* 9 paragraph exemplar reflective essay
* Reflective essay rubric
* Two essay skeleton guides to support emerging writers who may struggle with structure and coherence. The first guide provides minimal support, while the second is ideal for those in need of more explicit writing examples
* Mini Lesson: Comprehension questions for Jack Canfield's 60 minute You Tube Video entitled The Secret to Success (to complement Covey's 2nd habit: "Begin with the end in mind")
* Mini Lesson: Suggested Ted Talk aligned with Covey's teachings on paradigm and
5 page Article: "The Science of Happiness," which discusses the physiology behind emotions & how to manage/regulate one's own level of happiness
* Editable student checklist to reinforce the "habit of happiness"
* Mini Lesson: "Goal Setting Redefined" : Activity to complete after watching Ted Talk
* Mini Lesson: Summary assignment for Bart Baggett's Ted Talk: The
Neuropathways to Happiness. Includes sample summary and summary rubric
* UNIT: Argumentative essay unit supplementary material including:
~ Daily lesson plans (included in the 70 total you'll receive in this bundle)
~ Suggested film prompt: Documentary style film: The Secret (available on NetFlix)
~ Film summary
~ Film comprehension questions
~ Argumentative essay structure guide
~ Exemplar argumentative essay
~ Argumentative essay rubric
* Presentation assignment and rubric
* Unit Outline Identifying Unit Cornerstones Including:
long term transfer goals
21st Century skills
breakdown of text alignment with common core skills
1. * TWENTY paragraph prompts (two for each topic) related to:
*Each prompt includes a short color-coded structure guide for reference and suggestions to help struggling writers with content and organization (can be edited out for experienced writers).
*Highlighted advanced vocabulary (can be edited out for experienced readers/writers)
2. An Editor’s Checklist
3. 4-Point Paragraph Rubric
4. One Exemplar Paragraph
5. Related Common Core Standards for Grades 7,8, 9/10, 11/12
I've used Sean Covey's The 7 Habits in my classroom for years, and my high school students - from every demographic and grade - absolutely love it.
Covey's wisdom can have a profound impact on students if they take the time to genuinely reflect on his teachings. This companion curriculum is designed to foster thoughtful introspection, critical thinking, and authentic social-emotional growth.
THE 7 HABITS OF HIGHLY EFFECTIVE TEENS 14 WEEK UNIT, INCLUDING ALL DAILY LESSON PLANS ALIGNED WITH ELA... read more